Monday, July 21, 2008

Lazy Summer Day

It's a beautiful day here. The temperature just crept up to 103 degrees. Not bad at all for 4:42 PM at the end of July. We had a wild weather day yesterday. We woke up to pounding rain. Riley grabbed Putt and I grabbed Chip and we headed out to the patio to watch. We had about an inch in less than an hour which is a lot for us and which creates havoc and flash floods. We had water backing up on our pool deck so Riley had to go find the drains in the front yard that the gardener let grass grow over and unplug them. The roof drains on the house and casita tie into those drains so it pretty important to keep them open. Jose (the gardener) is lucky as I'm heading to the beach for the rest of the week or he'd get a tongue lashing on Thursday when he comes to do the yards however I'm planning on saving it for him until next week when I will be here to give him a talking to.

No comments: